Tuesday, January 23, 2007

blasphemy... uh... huh?

There is a new website which challenges young people to deny the Holy Spirit. It specifically targets young people. I really find this a little bit (read "really freakin") disturbing. According to an NBC report from an affiliate in Roanoke on youtube, they're targeting kid because "Christians are, too.".............

Well, I know that the rationalists say that faith is illogical. But on the other hand, I would bet that a great majority have never experienced faith, nor a relationship with Jesus Christ. So.... um..... Rational to refuse something one doesn't understand? That's kinda hard for me to see...

But of course the Wisdom of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing; you can't understand what you can't see...

Anyway,

I felt I should respond. So here it is:
"...people are appointed to die once, and then to face judgment," (Heb. 9:27b)

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing."
"Blessing and honor and glory and Power be unto Him that sits upon the throne and unto the Lamb."

Which is to say, I guess you know whose side I'm on....

Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world because he is the son of God, and through His blood alone comes the forgiveness of sins and the righteousness it takes to enter Heaven.

I've never said this anywhere to anyone before and really meant it. But there it is. And what's more, He is the greatest Lover of my soul. Without hearing "beloved" from Him every so often, I would simply wither up and die.

Now.

Am I delusional? Maybe... But consider if I am not... Then what? That's a big risk...

So I guess it's official - I really am a Jesus Freak. It's taken 21 years. But here I am. It's a strange feeling...

1 comment:

Adam said...

Very encouraging to read, friend. Your testimony, I mean, not that blasphemy.com site. That, on the other hand, is one nutty box of cashews.